The inaugural National Fat-Loss-a-Thon begins this Friday (1 January). Organiser Sonja Falvo from Real Body Enterprises, Brisbane, has set the challenge to help 4,000 Australians lose 24,000 kilos and raise $250,000 for charity.
Each participant in The National Fat-Loss-A-Thon will take part in a 12-week online program between 1 January and 25 April, 2010. The program has been developed by Real Body Enterprises and includes meal ideas, recipes and exercise plans.
Entrants have the chance to win more than $13,000 in cash and prizes, while raising money for The Sports Rewards Foundation, losing weight and gaining health.
Sonja Falvo will be available for interview on the launch day (Friday, 1 January) in Melbourne and from her Brisbane base from Monday, 4 January. She has arranged to appear at participating gyms for live crosses, or can be interviewed at Real Body Enterprises in Brisbane. If you would like to organise an interview please contact me (Johanna Baker-Dowdell) or Sonja Falvo directly on 0424 506 902.
The National Fat-Loss-A-Thon begins on 1 January and entries remain open until 31 January 2010.
The National Fat-Loss-a-Thon is supported by the following sponsors:
Real Body Enterprises www.RealBodyEnterprises.com
PB Sports www.pbsportsnutrition.com
Swish Events www.swishcorporation.com
Strawberry Communications www.strawberrycommunications.com.au
Blooms Health www.bloomshealth.com.au
Hound Dog Graphics www.hounddoggraphics.com.au
Balanced Magazine www.balancedmedia.com.au
For more information visit www.fatlossathon.com
About Real Body Enterprises
• Real Body Enterprises aims to deliver a sensible, realistic approach to healthy eating and lifestyle to provide long-term fat loss, increased self-esteem and quality of life
• Real Body Enterprises wants to reduce the global epidemic of obesity in children and adults through education, support and a program that is designed to deliver results to every person, every time
• Real Body Enterprises CEO Sonja Falvo is an author of two bestselling books, keynote speaker and has a strong passion for helping people to improve their long-term health, wellbeing and self-esteem
• Sonja Falvo was also Director of What Women Want Personal Training in Brisbane and National Fitness Manager for Fitness First in the UK
• Real Body Enterprises: Level 16/120 Edward St, Brisbane, (07) 3392 0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Sports Rewards Foundation
• The Sports Rewards Foundation is a not-for-profit entity
• It was established to remove barriers to entry for children involved in physical activity and organised sport (to combat the childhood obesity epidemic) as well as to actively promote physical activity and organised sports to children and teens
• The Sports Rewards Foundation aims to raise awareness of the importance of physical activity for better health in children and donate more than $2 million per year to grass roots sports.
Visit www.SportsRewards.net.au and click on Foundation for more information.