That’s great, but have you considered yourself in this equation? If you haven’t, it’s time to sit down with a tea, coffee or cold drink (or something alcoholic if that’s what’s needed) and pick something from this list for you. Yes, you!
Busy mumpreneurs should be rewarding themselves for everything they have achieved in 2014 and this list makes it easy to do just that.
1. Practice self care – the five minutes you’re taking to have a drink and read this are not quite enough. As Helen Butler from Clutter Rescue explains in her interview with Howard’s Storage World, self care could include booking in some time for a catch up with a friend, a facial at your favourite beauty clinic or reading something in the sun sans children. Watch Helen’s interview for more ideas (and some organisation tips too).
2. Book a holiday – nothing unwinds you quicker than some time away from the home and office. I love the beach and relaxing my garden at this time of year, but like to recharge in the mountains or cities (especially Florence!). I know there’s loads of mums in business who would do anything to find a holiday location where the kids have so much fun there isn’t even a mumble of “I’m bored”.
3. Make big plans for 2015 – I’m a big believer in setting intentions for what you want to achieve in the year ahead. The end of one year and beginning of a new year always sees me planning world domination in my workbooks/notebooks. I like to think about the people I want to work with as clients and as suppliers to help make my goals happen.
My business planning picks are: Moleskin and Paper Magnolia for stationery that makes you want to plan; Lovelly Communications and Stolen Quotes for PR support; Web Chameleon, Webonize and Web Babble for online marketing, social media and website advice; Business Performance HQ and Love Your Numbers for bookkeeping and accounting support; The Virtual Assistant admin help; inspiration from other entrepreneurs via AusMumpreneur Network or She Will Shine and Feng Shui advice from Vicki Sauvage.
4. Buy yourself a gift – I am always buying gifts for others and hardly ever treat myself. Are you the same? If you are, let’s rectify that problem and buy yourself something that is just for you and just because.
5. Simplify your life – I’m all for making things easier for myself (who isn’t?), so I love having simple solutions for meals, activities, gift buying and life in general on hand.
6. Be altruistic – I feel great when I know I’ve helped others and I know I’m not alone there. You might want to support your favourite charity, donate some time at a soup kitchen, pledge support for a crowdfunding project or leave a Christmas gift under one of the many giving trees.
7. Get inspired – more than anything I’ve already included here, allowing myself the free time and headspace to really be inspired energises and recharges me. Do yourself a favour and check in with what presses your motivation buttons again.
Some of these sites are Strawberry Communications clients; all are friends. They are included because this is my list of recommendations for me and my business. What’s on your list of gifts to yourself?