I like to end each year reviewing the goals I set the year before, and making new goals for the one ahead. And by setting these publicly I’m more accountable.
It seems I didn’t do this last year, however, I do know that I wanted to achieve the following goals in 2013:
• Become an author – Business & Baby on Board was published in July of this year!
• Write fiction – I started with a short story that has now turned into 5000 words, so I might be writing a novella or a novel next.
• Be fitter – an ongoing goal. My fitness levels could definitely improve!
• Find peace with my body – I’m still a work in progress there.
It seems I’m better at meeting my professional goals than my deeply personal ones, but righting this situation should be a goal in itself I think.
So, for 2014 I am setting the following goals:
• Finish a piece of fiction to publishable standard
• Publish more freelance journalism
• Generate more publicity for Strawberry Communications clients
• Write the two ebooks I’ve been throwing around in my head (one on crowdfunding a book and the other on creating a media kit)
• Do more ‘mum’ activities – I’ve taken on a bigger responsibility for looking after our two sons recently as my husband has launched his own business, and I’d like to be a bit more involved with their school, sport and leisure time.
• Get fitter – the dog and I could definitely do with being leaner!
• Find peace with my body – this has been a goal for a number of years and, as I said earlier, it’s still a work in progress.
You will see there’s more personal than professional on this list, so I’m giving these goals priority.
I am planning on putting together a vision board to tie all this together so I show you the results next month. What are your goals for 2014? I’d love to know and we can share accountability for making them happen!