Anita Lincolne-Lomax from Babes in Arms has been named the 2011 AusMumpreneur of the Year at the Bio-Oil AusMumpreneur Awards Ceremony during The Australasian Mumpreneurs Conference at the Mercure Sydney on Saturday.
The ceremony was an opportunity for business mums to celebrate and recognise the best and brightest entrepreneurs, acknowledging success in business, product development, services and innovation.
From throughout Australia and New Zealand mums were motivated and inspired by seeing how others balanced family time with their own successful businesses.
Anita, who is about to have her fourth child, has sourced the best baby carriers from around the globe to build an expansive range suitable for premmies to pre-schoolers.
Her product range includes: ERGObaby, Peanut Shell, Breeze Baby, Hug-A-Bub, Baby Bella Maya and Baby Legs.
Anita Lincolne-Lomax was recognised as the Bio-Oil AusMumpreneur of the Year and was thrilled to accept her award at the glittering ceremony on Saturday night.
“There are not many of us who run this crazy gauntlet between family and entrepreneurial business. The journey can sometimes feel like you’re running in the dark, but we’re walking testaments that women can fuel ideas into reality when they are driven by passion and determination and the desire to provide a great future for our children because, at the end of the day, this is why we do what we do – we love them so much,” Anita said when accepting her award.
“What started as a personal passion for baby wearing, keeping my child close and to enjoy being hands free during the day while providing a nurturing space for my child, has led to an amazing amount of challenges and rewarded me more than I ever could have imagined when I started out.
“Babes in Arms has given many parents all across Australia the opportunity to hold their babies close within their loving embrace and be able to balance their needs and that of their babies with our wonderful range of baby wearing products,” Anita added.
Other award winners were:
• Rising Star AusMumpreneur: Lisa O’Keefe & Stacey Clayton Koolaman Designs
• Emerging Mumpreneur: Rhian Allen Lose Baby Weight
• Product Innovation: Breastmate by Oogy Baby
• Service Business: Kim McGann Blush Brides
• Eco-Friendly Business: Catherine Langman & Michelle Fowler Cushie Tushies
• Design Business: Lety Kemp Fancy Little Me!
And the People’s Choice recipients were:
• Rhian Allen, Lose Baby Weight – Customer Service
• Karen Gardner, For Eva Lilah – Best Boutique
• Kate Marshall, The Kids Room by Kate – Handmade Mumpreneur
• Heidi Kearns, Me2designs – Favourite Children’s Label
• Gayle Williams, I Will Invitations – Best Service Business
• Katrina Springer, The Organised Housewife – Best Blog
• Rebecca Mugridge, The Pram Diet Book – Best Product
The Connect2mums online community provides a safe and supportive environment for women in business to get together and share information, network and gain motivation.
For more information on Babes in Arms check out the website on www.babesinarms.com.au
For more information on the Australasian Mumpreneurs Conference or the Bio-Oil AusMumpreneur Awards visit www.connect2mums.com.au or email firstname.lastname@example.org