Before looking forward I like to revisit the personal and professional goals I set at the end of 2010 and see how I went. If you look at my post When the Head and Heart Collide I wrote at the same time last year, you can see I set the following goals:
• Write and publish my business book for mums – I am about to finish writing the first draft of Business & Baby on Board to publish around Easter next year
• Find a property for our hazelnut farm – we haven’t bought a farm yet, but have found a property we’re happy to live in indefinitely, so the farm search has changed to include land as we no longer need a property with a house
• Hire another virtual PR consultant to work with me – I started 2011 with Josh and finished with Josh, Emma and Anne all helping to generate amazing publicity for clients
• Treat my business as a valued client and generate some publicity for Strawberry Communications – I became an ABN blogger, was interviewed for the Business Success Podcast, spoke at several events including the Mumpreneurs Conference, was a finalist in the Tasmanian Women’s Entrepreneur Awards, was listed in Ross Dawson’s Top Australian Twitter Influencers, contributed to a book, guest posted on Anita Heiss’s blog and received publicity in news.com.au and The Mercury’s magazine.
• Find peace with my body – this is an ongoing battle for me and I’m definitely not there yet.
I think I did OK with that list. So here’s my combination personal and professional list for 2012.
• Become an author
• Be on track to growing Strawberry Communications’ income by 25 per cent in the 2012-13 financial year
• Be fitter
• Again – find peace with my body
What are your goals for 2012? Meet me back here this time next year to see how I went.